From Broadcast to Podcast!
After 3 decades in commercial broadcasting, our podcast studio is equipped with broadcast quality microphones (both host and guests), mixers, signal boosters and recorders and made it all happen in our home office. Knowing that a podcast can literally be recorded anywhere, the best sound quality always matters. The equipment was on hand and ready for use… Viola, repurposed for the Arizona Podcast.
The best part… The system is “Road Ready” – Grab the Mic and the desktop stand, the laptop and the Zoom Podtrak 4 (that also records over 40 hours of high quality audio) and I’m set!!!
Amazon links on this page are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, we will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
What We Use:
- Host Mic | Shure SM7B: Whether it’s big-time broadcasting, professional podcasts or critical studio recordings, this legendary dynamic microphone delivers smooth, warm vocals every time. The SM7B captures and enhances the finer details of the human voice while blocking out all the distractions. An audio icon.
- Guest Mic | Shure SM58: If this looks familiar, it should. It’s the INDUSTRY STANDARD – The first choice for performers around the globe, the SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone is ready to bring any performance to life. From broadcast, stage, the club to the stadium.
- Mixer w/ Phone Mix-Minus| Zoom Podtrak 4: This Has EVERYTHING you need for a podcast both studio or on the go. Four mic inputs with XLR connectors. Four headphone outputs with individual volume control. Easily connect your phone using the TRRS connection. Trigger sound effects using four assignable Sound Pads with 11preset sounds. Automatically prevent feedback from call audio using the Mix-Minus function. All input sources can be recorded on separate tracks.
- Computer | 13″ Macbook Air: Apple M1 chip with 8core CPU, 7 core GPU, and 16core Neural Engine. GRAPHICS 065-C99K 7-core GPU. 16GB unified memory. 256GB SSD storage. Touch ID. Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports. Force Touch trackpad. Retina display with True Tone. Understanding that everyone has their preference between Mac and PC, we offer both.
- Software | Audacity: Simply the best FREE audio editing software around form easy and complex podcasting… It’s an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Again, Audacity is FREE, open source software.
- Host Headphones | Sennheiser HD280: Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD 280 Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with the sound quality, modular design and aggressive noise isolation that is necessary in the field. The unique collapsible design, combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application.
- Guest Headphones | Sennheiser HD206: Great sound doesn’t have to cost a fortune. These comfortable, lightweight, supra-aural headphones provide dynamic audio with crisp bass and good external noise attenuation without breaking the bank.
ODDS & ENDS